POSITION: Aerospace Science Instructor – (FT)
Air Force Junior Reserve Officer Training Corp. (AFJROTC)
ASSIGNMENT: This is an Eastern Suffolk BOCES (ESBOCES) position located at the Patchogue-Medford High School
- Must be a retired E-6 or E-9 from a component of the U.S. Air Force
- Retired no longer than five (5) years.
- Hold a minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree
*** The Air Force may offer waivers for those who do not meet the above requirements ***
More information about the position can be found under the Instructors tab on the AFJROTC website at: https://www.airuniversity.af.edu/Holm-Center/AFJROTC/
- Conduct Academic classes in Aerospace Science, Leadership Education, and Health and Wellness
- Educate and train students in citizenship, promote community service, instill responsibility, character, and self-discipline
- Oversee inventory processes and after school activities
- Demonstrate commitment to valuing diversity and contributing to an inclusive working and learning environment
START DATE: As soon as possible
DATE POSTED: 10.12.2022
APPLICANTS MUST APPLY TO THE AFJROTC AT THE LINK BELOW, via the NEW INSTRUCTOR APPLICATION tab. Once AFJROTC approves your application you are eligible to volunteer for the position to AFJROTC. AFJROTC will then contact ESBOCES, who will in turn contact you.
Studies show that women and members of some minority groups are more likely to underestimate their qualifications for a position. Therefore, if you are interested in this job, we encourage you to apply even if you are unsure of how your skills and experiences align with the job responsibilities. ESBOCES is committed to diversity in our workplace and welcomes the opportunity to consider all candidates.