Augmentative Communication & Assistive Technology
- Assist in the identification of students in need of augmentative communication intervention services
- Conduct comprehensive augmentative communication evaluations on students presenting with severe communication impairments
- Provide consultation/support services for all staff working with students who utilize augmentative communication aids, techniques, and strategies
- Conduct individual and/or small group trainings related to the use of specific augmentative communication aids, techniques, and strategies
Assistive Technology Services
- Evaluates a student’s ability to access the curriculum depending on his/her disability. Evaluators collaborate with the educational team to identify software programs and/or adaptive equipment to enable the student to access the curriculum as independently as possible. Areas addressed include, but are not limited to, reading, writing, written organization, written expression, and math.
- Provides training/consultations to students, staff, and family in the use and implementations of the recommended adaptive equipment and/or software.
- Equipment orders are placed for the component school districts upon request.