Professional Development - Workshops & Data Shares
Welcome to School Data Bank Services Professional Development!
The School Data Bank Services team offers school districts in Suffolk County the opportunity to participate in regional data workshops, customized district data workshops and data reporting platform training, delivered in-person and through a virtual experience.
Our initiative is to assist district administrators and staff with the analysis and translation of data. Our highly-skilled School Data Bank Services team host tailored workshops to reinforce data comprehension by explaining the results of the analysis and through the facilitation of data conversations.
Our focus is to connect with district administrators and teachers through analyzing student, assessment and survey data. Our team leverage specialized instructional and reporting platforms, New York State Education Department (NYSED) resources, and aids in the synthesis of NYSED regulations and content, including Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA) and NYS accountability requirements.
We encourage you to explore our program. We are confident that the information you gain will be meaningful and will assist district administrators and teachers in making informed instructional and programmatic decisions.
Regional Workshop Flyers
February 16, 2023
December 12, 2022
April 25, 2022
March 29, 2022
March 14, 2022
February 28, 2022
February 17, 2022
February 14, 2022
Virtual Workshop Recordings/Materials
Which Diploma Are Students Earning? Tracking Student Diploma Credits and Endorsements (Presentation)
December 12, 2022: Level 2 Training (L2RPT)
April 25, 2022: Graduation Exam Requirements: Keeping Up with the Cohorts
March 14, 2022: Level 2 Training (L2RPT)
February 28, 2022: An Analysis of Student Performance (Video)
February 17, 2022: Tracking Student Diploma Credits: Are Students On Track to Graduate?
February 14, 2022: Where Are They Now? Post-Secondary Reports (Video)
May 19, 2021: Students NOT on Track to Graduate! (Video)
April 28, 2021: Teacher Out of Certification - Correcting Errors (Video)
March 8, 2021: Graduation Exam Requirements - Keeping Up with the Cohorts (Video)
June 1, 2020: English Language Learners Enrollment Webinar Recording (Video)
For more information and to inquire about the customization of data workshops, contact:
Workshops & Data Shares
- Quality Control Workshop for 2023 NYS 3-8 Assessments NYS Testing for ELA, Mathematics, Science and NYSESLAT
- Which Diploma Are Students Earning? Tracking Student Diploma Credits and Endorsements
- Out of Certification Verification: Correcting Errors in Course Code to Reduce and/or Eliminate Teachers Out of Certification
- Graduation Exam Requirements: Keeping Up with the Cohorts
- Level 2 Training (L2RPT) - How to Gather and Verify Your Data Timely for NYS Reporting
- Tracking Student Diploma Credits: Are Students On Track to Graduate?
- Where Are They Now? Post-Secondary Reports
- An Analysis of Student Performance
- Advanced Placement Workshop Series
- Data to Close Out the Year - Regents Exempt Eligible and Eligible to Graduate Based on Regents Completed
- BARS on the Web - Learn about new features in BARS Demonstration
- BARS on the Web - Review of Longitudinal Instructional Reports to Inform Teacher Instruction
- BARS on the Web - Understanding Regents Score Projection Reports