The Data Privacy and Security Core Service is designed to provide assistance to districts to locate, identify, and control their data. It supports districts’ compliance with New York State’s Common Core Reform Act, Education Law 2-D, and the Parents Bill of Rights. As part of the core service, participating districts will have access to leadership resources and an inventory tool. Additional add-on resources are available upon request.
Core Service - $3,900 per district
- Inventory Tool – This tool enables districts to compile a list of their software inventory as well as linking to third-party vendor’s software privacy policies thus helping districts to comply with provisions of the New York State’s Parents’ Bill of Rights. Over 800 products are currently included in the database, and districts may submit requests for additional products. Districts still retain responsibility to review vendor contracts. This service includes an orientation to the tool for maximum efficiency.
- Digital Digests & Archived Digests – Quarterly newsletter on the topic of data privacy and security with current information, effective strategies, best practices, and leadership resources.
- D3—Digital Digest Debrief – Deep dive webinar on a featured topic from the Digital Digest.
- Digital Blasts – Timely information as it occurs to keep districts informed of the latest developments in the field.
- Access to password protected resources on the RIC Data and Security website.
- Information Security Online PD for Teachers – Web-based security awareness training that follows a structured outline, including a formal assessment and printable certificate of completion.
More information is available upon request
Secure Email - Participating districts will have access to this easy to install and easy to use application that integrates with the district's current email system. This solution uses encryption technology and only the intended recipient can open the encrypted mail.