The Eastern Suffolk BOCES Software Training program was created in 1984 under the auspices of 'Office Automation' and remains committed to instruct clerical and administrative staffs on the proper use and techniques of personal and office productivity software.
We continually strive to provide our educational and municipal communities with the most comprehensive computer software training services through the latest revisions of software, highly competent, motivated instructors, and the newest computers for a 'one-on-one, hands-on' learning experience. Special attention is given to the teaching pace to insure that all students maintain a level of understanding throughout each course.
Our instructors are continually evaluated by their classes and are most often praised for their ability to present the material in an 'easy to understand' format. Post-class telephone support is available as well as custom group training in our classroom or district based.
Experience, program enhancements, and a professional environment enable us to offer the most comprehensive, cost-effective software training service available to our customers.
As always, we value your feedback regarding our program and our course offerings. Among the training options we offer are:
Please review our attached course offerings and descriptions. Feel free to contact us to enroll and/or to answer any questions you may have.
- Full-Day Class Sessions – Classes are offered as full-day trainings.
- Microsoft Office Suite 2010 – Classes have been scheduled using Microsoft Office 2010. Courses using Office 2003 and 2007 will gladly be provided on an “as requested” basis.
- On-Site Training - Customized individual and group training on-site or at a BOCES location is available as part of this service, especially if our schedule does not suit your needs. You may even combine training sessions with other districts, if desired. Once again, please do not hesitate to contact us in this regard.
- Support for Success – Follow-up support through email and telephone to answer questions pertaining to course curriculum is available to assist participants when needed.
- Aid-Eligible Offerings – All course offerings listed in this catalog are Aid–Eligible, as long as you enroll through Eastern Suffolk BOCES Software Training.
- Additional Course Offerings – If you are interested in classes not listed in our course listings or descriptions, please let us know and we will do our best to accommodate your needs.
- Consulting Services - We at Software Training offer consulting services designed to combine the specific needs and goals of your organization with the latest software business applications.
- Course Dates Fall, 2012 - Spring, 2013
- Course Descriptions
- Atomic Learning
- Software Training Flyer
- Administrators and support staff are highly encouraged to join the Software Training listserv by sending an email to subscribe- email@example.com. Do not include text in the subject or text area. This listserv will provide ongoing, information regarding workshop offerings.
- Operating Systems - Windows 7
- Email - Microsoft Outlook
- Databases - Microsoft Access
- Spreadsheets - Microsoft Excel
- Word Processing - Microsoft Word
- Presentations - Microsoft PowerPoint
- Graphics and Drawing - Microsoft Publisher
- Adobe Acrobat
- Google Tools and Documents
- SMART Notebook
- Microsoft Office transition